Welcome to Pensilva Health Centre
Pensilva Health Centre is a modern, purpose-built surgery with ample car parking facilities for patients. The surgery has good access for disabled patients.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
The practice covers a very large rural area, centred around the village of Pensilva and extending north to the A30 including Upton Cross, Rilla Mill, Henwood, North Hill, Coads Green and Bathpool. East to the borders of Callington, including Linkinhorne and Golberdon. South to the A390 including St Ive and Quethiock. West to Liskeard including Crows Nest, Darite, St Cleer and Common Moor.
As you are aware we have changed the way your initial contact with Pensilva Health Centre are managed though the highly successful introduction of a Telephone Consultation Service.
This well proven service has been developed over many years across doctor’s practices in the UK, in fact our GP Partners have been operating this service at their Oak Tree Surgery for more than 5 years with great success.
The benefits to you of the Telephone Consultation Service are: -
- You get a telephone call from a healthcare professional the same day to have a confidential conversation about your concerns, this could be a Practice Nurse, an Advanced Paramedic, a Nurse Practitioner or a GP
- The Telephone Consultation can result is any of the following: -
- Not every patient needs to see a GP and we can offer high quality clinical advice for self-care
- A prescription for you to collect from our Dispensary or your choice of Pharmacy
- For those URGENT patients we can offer an appointment today with a Practice Nurse, an Advanced Paramedic, a Nurse Practitioner or GP
- For those patients with less urgent needs we can offer a pre-booked appointment with your named doctor at a convenient time for you
- We can offer you a specialist pre-booked appointment with a member of our excellent Health Centre Team which could be a Health Care Assistant, a Phlebotomist, a Practice Nurse, an Advanced Paramedic, a Nurse Practitioner
- With the Telephone Consultation Service GPs can see more patients with complex clinical needs
- When appropriate our GP can offer longer appointments
In, summary we believe this system is more likely to offer you the right type of consultation with the right clinician at the right time.
We value your feedback and look forward to improving how we can provide care for you.
Pensilva Health Centre GP Partners and Dr. Ian Buchanan, Dr. Lauren Baines
We are now operating a Telephone Call Back system which is the safest way for patients to be appropriately treated or advised on the same day
When you ring Pensilva Health Centre the receptionist will ask for your contact details and a brief reason for the request.
This information will be passed to a doctor or nurse practitioner who will call you back to discuss your condition / query.
The doctor or nurse practitioner may ask you to come in, signposted you to the appropriate member of the clinical team, collect a prescription or another course of action.
Thank you in anticipation.
(Site updated 03/04/2018)